Renovating a Home vs Building a New One: What You Need to Know
The number one home construction question: to build or not to build? As a homeowner, you’re probably struggling to decide on whether or not you should renovate an existing home, or completely start from scratch and build a new one. And understandably, making this decision isn’t easy, especially since you need to consider many factors.
Your situation, how far your existing home is from your dream home, your current location, financial goals, and plans—these factors will help you decide on what route you need to take with your home.
Before making a decision, some homeowners get advice and assistance from a reliable home renovation company to help inspect and figure out the better option for their homes.
If you’re still unsure about what to do, keep reading. Below we’ll be discussing the benefits of building and renovating and other information that would help you with this decision. Let’s get to it!
Renovating Your Home vs Constructing a New One
- New construction
When you want to build your own home, you, your architect, builder, and interior designer need to collaborate closely to ensure that every element of your home is exactly how you envisioned it to be.
Below are some benefits of building a custom home:
- All the elements in your home are new and under warranty, making all repairs and maintenance minimal
- You can choose to incorporate and use sustainable materials to design an eco-friendly and energy-saving home
- You’ll have more design options
- You can create your own layout and floor plan
- Everything is in your taste and preference
When you renovate a home, it basically means that you’re making major changes in an existing home. However, renovations can cover different areas of your home or completely change its interiors or exterior. Although you’re fixing up an existing home, you still have a lot of say in the final results of your home and its aesthetics.
Here are some of the benefits you get from going for a renovation:
- You retain a home that you’ve lived in for years and have filled with memories
- You can “reset” the age of your home
- You don’t need to look for alternate accommodations when you do small-scale renovations
- You can still incorporate sustainable, eco-friendly, and energy-efficient alternatives
- You’ll be able to marry the beauty of past architectural design with modern aesthetics, supporting your modern lifestyle
- Renovations can cover a lot of territories, and you can simply choose which room to update
So, should I build a new home or go for a total home renovation?
To answer that question, you need to consider your situation and weigh in the benefits. But if you’re working with a home with everything you need, is in the right location, and fits your lifestyle, consider getting a renovation instead.
When you work with a reliable renovation home company, they can help turn your existing home into the home of your dreams while staying within budget.
Renovating an existing home will allow you to flex your imagination and figure out creative solutions to make the space your own and with your style. Whatever it is you choose to do, working with reliable contractors or a reputable renovation home company will help you achieve the home of your dreams.
Incredible Homes & Renovations is one of the best and most trusted renovation home companies in Houston, Texas. Our services include 3D Design-Build, renovations, remodeling, and custom homes. Get a free estimate today!