Remodeling is a stressful process. At Incredible Renovations we will do our best to make the process as stress-free and enjoyable as we can. People will be coming in and out of your home, your home will get dirty, the items you are used to grabbing will be out of the way and you may also feel a lack of privacy. What can you do?
- Keep your eye on the prize. Your home will be disrupted for a few months. However, the long term renovation will be well worth it.
- Budget for a few get-a-ways. Make sure you coordinate that with your Project Manager to coincide with weeks of high noise and activity. This will relax you and your family as well as give the crews extra hours to get the job done quicker. You may also want to budget for things you want to do around town. Treat yourself to events on the weekends and explore the city.
- Don’t hold up the process. Keep a lock box on your door containing a house key that our crews can use to enter your home. This will allow them to work without interrupting your day. Don’t put time constraints on when crews can arrive and how late they can stay. Please also allow them to work on weekends. Your project manager will manage reasonable hours. If you do have specific hours, days, religious holidays or other situations that require our crews to take a break, please alert your Project Manager as soon as possible.
- Know that stress and frustration are common and expected in the remodeling process. If you are feeling the signs of stress, contact Judyth, our Public Relations Manager. She will be happy to hear your concerns, help any way she can and assist you in finding a solution.
- Let the Project Manager Manage. You may feel you know the steps of managing a project; however, our Project Managers have real world experience, and outstanding track record, customer references and accolades and Incredible Renovations has over 30 years of experience in new construction and remodeling.
- Stick to your budget and plan. You will have ideas or see something new and want to add it. If it fits in your budget, great. If it is over budget, you may cause yourself undue stress.
- Realize your spouse and kids will be cranky. Some homeowners lose their cool during the process. If you take your emotions out on a family member, realize it’s the situation not the person and apologize.
- Set weekly or bi-weekly meetings with your Project Manager for updates. This will help you realize the progress and how close you are to the finish line.